We spent the entire day outside on the new lot. We cleared out the old wire and T-post fence, pulled down all of the braid and tape fences in the back, bush hogged some of the worst overgrown areas, and burned a bunch of dead wood. It already looks a million times better!! We are nearly exhausted, but thoroughly enjoyed this first beautiful day of spring!
1. The dog can go outside in her fence without the use of a shovel, pick ax, or hairdryer
2. I have seen the driveway for the first time in about 2 months
3. The horses are wearing one sheet instead of wearing 3 blankets
4. NO ICE IN WATER BUCKETS TODAY for the first time all winter!!!
5. It smelled like Florida when I went outside to put Wade on the bus this morning
6. The horses are shedding!
7. You can put horses out today without having to take “creative paths” around snow and ice
8. We will be able to survive the day without hand warmers, foot warmers, and space heaters
9. I think I saw a piece of grass poking up through the snow
10. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE OF ALL—–IT IS ABOVE FREEZING!!!
After 9 years of praying and hoping to be able to purchase the 8 acre lot next door to us, it has finally happened!! The new lot will be use for doing trot and gallop sets, growing hay, and for pasture. We are extremely excited about this expansion, which follows on the heels of our decision to create an equestrian team at the University of Dayton!
<img class="alignnone size-full" alt="20140212-154951 cytotec dosage.jpg” src=”http://wetherbrookefarm.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/20140212-154951.jpg” />