Today was a great day for the Wetherbrooke Girls at GDHT. Sara and Jessica put in fantastic dressage rides in their novice division. Sara and Gus won the dressage with a 27 (73%), and Jessica and Aragon finished dressage in 5th place with a 40 (60%). Both girls were awesome in stadium, but Sara got some time penalties for being a bit too slow. The girls finished in 2nd and 5th for the day.
Woodrow and I had a bit of a rough start to our dressage test……as the judge was using the dressage test from 2010 instead of 2014. I had to restart my test after some confusion. He was angry about going back in the arena, but he ended up winning the dressage on a score of 39 (61%). We had a double clear stadium round and stayed in first for the night.
Tomorrow is xc day!!!!!!
<a href="https://wetherbrookefarm.files.wordpress cytotec pills 200mg.com/2014/05/20140517-221111.jpg”>
Due to conflicts with other local camps, we will be changing the dates for our summer day camp and advanced riding camp.
New registration forms will be posted soon.
Today I sold Gus to Sara. It was a bittersweet moment. It marked the end of an era, and the beginning of another. Congratulations, Sara. I hope you will have as much fun with him as I did over these last 8 years. He has taught me so much, and I’m sure he will do the same for you. I am thrilled that I will still get to see his face every day. Good luck……and enjoy him.
Today was a chilly day for our first clinic of the spring. The girls all rode very well, and had a great time doing coursework and practicing their positions. Great job, Meghan and Armani, Mackenzie and Lakin, Kate and Snick, Morgan and Aragon, and Lydia and Tucker!
We spent the entire day outside on the new lot. We cleared out the old wire and T-post fence, pulled down all of the braid and tape fences in the back, bush hogged some of the worst overgrown areas, and burned a bunch of dead wood. It already looks a million times better!! We are nearly exhausted, but thoroughly enjoyed this first beautiful day of spring!
1. The dog can go outside in her fence without the use of a shovel, pick ax, or hairdryer
2. I have seen the driveway for the first time in about 2 months
3. The horses are wearing one sheet instead of wearing 3 blankets
4. NO ICE IN WATER BUCKETS TODAY for the first time all winter!!!
5. It smelled like Florida when I went outside to put Wade on the bus this morning
6. The horses are shedding!
7. You can put horses out today without having to take “creative paths” around snow and ice
8. We will be able to survive the day without hand warmers, foot warmers, and space heaters
9. I think I saw a piece of grass poking up through the snow
10. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE OF ALL—–IT IS ABOVE FREEZING!!!
After 9 years of praying and hoping to be able to purchase the 8 acre lot next door to us, it has finally happened!! The new lot will be use for doing trot and gallop sets, growing hay, and for pasture. We are extremely excited about this expansion, which follows on the heels of our decision to create an equestrian team at the University of Dayton!
<img class="alignnone size-full" alt="20140212-154951 cytotec dosage.jpg” src=”http://wetherbrookefarm.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/20140212-154951.jpg” />